Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate electriconics technician to join our powertrain team and help build flight-critical components for our VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. Come help us build advanced electrical powertrains as we try to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Support engineers to execute board-level reworks and low-volume electrical assembly tasks
- Build and test harnesses and test fixtures to help develop our latest powertrain hardware, primarily boards to be used in high voltage batteries and inverters.
- Assemble hardware for use on test stands or on aircraft while maintaining associated documentation. This will involve mechanical assembly of parts and sub-systems, etc.
- Work with engineers to perform electrical measurements and test procedures
- Able to work in fast pace environment and maintain high standards of work
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Strong work ethic
- Team oriented attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability
- Extensive experience with detailed SMT soldering techniques, including 0402 and other fine-pitch components, including lead-less and exposed pad components
- Experience with hot-air rework
- Previous experience as NPI (new product introduction) or engineering technician
- Experience with industrial environments and procedures
- Experience working on high voltage systems and/or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience writing and following work instructions
- Experience with electronic measurement equipment, such as oscilloscopes and multimeters a plus
- Experience with IR reflow equipment
- Familiarity with electronic-CAD systems (such as Altium) a plus