Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented designers to help us bring the aircraft into production and envision the future of air travel.
About the Job
As an Industrial Designer at Joby Aviation you will be expected to envision the future of air transportation and make it a reality. Working closely with other designers and engineers you will have the opportunity to create both production and conceptual vehicles. You must have the ability to create compelling Interior and Exterior designs while having a keen eye for user experience and production feasibility. Top-notch sketching and design modeling skills are required, production experience in Automotive or Aerospace products a big plus.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Create design proposals for both Interior and Exterior programs and follow from quick ideation sketches to final production surfaces.
- Work with other team members to bring designs into production.
- Create design research content including; brand identity, customer profiles, design inspiration and material research.
- Fabricate/direct mockups and prototype builds to prove out your designs.
- Top-notch sketching and quick modeling skills.
- Degree in Transportation or Industrial design.
- Adobe creative suite skills.
- 3D design skills; Autodesk Alias or polygon modeling preferred.
- Production experience.
- Experience in Automotive or Aerospace studios.
- Knowledge of aerospace certification requirements.
- Ability to show work from previous production programs.
- 3D rendering skills.
Please include a link to your portfolio.