Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented designers to help us bring the aircraft into production and envision the future of air travel.
About the Job
We are looking for a highly talented 3D modeler to help realize the future of urban mobility. Working closely with designers and engineers, you will be creating beautiful, functional and feasible designs for both production and conceptual projects. You should be self-motivated and driven to work on a wide variety of projects and have the ability to quickly model initial design concepts while also working on mature, production ready surfaces.
- Work with designers to translate 2D sketch work and design models into production surfaces.
- Create quality 3D models in accordance to design criteria using Alias/ICEM.
- Manage 3D workflow between engineering and design.
- Skilled at capturing design intent while recognizing criteria and project limitations.
- Interact closely with designers, engineers and modeling staff.
- 5+ years of 3D modeling experience in Automotive or Aerospace.
- Master of Alias or ICEM.
- High school diploma.
- Consistently deliver high quality work in an expedient manner.
- Alias or Polygon modeling.
- Rendering experience.
- Design or engineering degree.
- Experience in Automotive and Aerospace studios.
Please include a link to your portfolio.