Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate technician to join our powertrain team and help build flight-critical components for our VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. Come help us build advanced electrical powertrains as we try to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Work closely with engineering to develop and build our latest hardware, primarily high voltage batteries and inverters.
- Assemble hardware for use on test stands or on aircraft while maintaining associated documentation. This will involve mechanical assembly of parts and sub-systems, etc.
- Develop assembly methods and tools on quickly developing designs.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain high standards of work
- Strong work ethic
- Team oriented attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability
- Experience with mechanical component assembly and systems integration of mechanical systems
- Previous experience as NPI (new product introduction) or engineering technician
- Experience with industrial environments and procedures
- Experience working on high voltage systems and/or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience writing and following work instructions
- Proficiency with machining, welding, and overall mechanical craftsmanship a plus
- Experience with instrumentation a plus
- Familiarity with CAD, PLM/PDM systems a plus