Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
About the Job
Working as a UI Designer on our Design Team you will be an integral part of developing a groundbreaking aircraft. As a team player, you will be expected to work closely with other designers, engineers and customers to create interfaces for multiple user groups across different product lines. We are looking for a creative and highly motivated individual. You should feel excited to help define the visual identity of the aircraft, brand and service. Together we can define the future of air mobility.
- Develop visual effects, animation and other visual elements
- Develop diversified personalized UI design themes
- Responsible for creating UI design standard including; Set up the design of font, icon, animation and other effects across multiple devices while maintaining a cohesive identity.
- Responsible for updating, releasing and controlling design standards according to functional requirements
- Pay close attention to the trends in various fields such as human-computer interaction, visual communication and animation dynamic effects.
- 3+ years user interface design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Degree in relevant field
- Consistently deliver high-quality work in an expedient manner
- Master of empathic design to different user groups
- Ability to create motion graphics, movie and rendering work.
- Experience in Aerospace and Automotive sectors
- Understanding of flight controls and certification
Please include a link to your portfolio.