Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented designers to help us bring the aircraft into production and envision the future of air travel.
About the Job
We are searching for a skilled Color and Materials expert to help us shape the future of Air mobility. Working in our design team, you will be responsible for all CMF design activities for both Interior and Exterior projects. This includes Color and Material selection, designing graphics and patterns and helping to define the visual Identity of the brand down to the smallest details. You should also be able to create comprehensive user and trend research and work with other designers, engineers and suppliers to create beautiful, functional and feasible interior.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Define and implement Material and Finishes for both production and conceptual programs.
- Create a Color and Material vision that can be implemented across a diverse range of products and applications
- Source materials to maintain innovation within the CMF library
- Research and connect with suppliers to bring your design vision to life with materials that can be certified to FAA standards
- Create innovative patterns and graphics that can help define the identity of the brand.
- Color mastering
- 5+ of CMF experience in Automotive or Aerospace Studio
- Degree in relevant field
- Adobe creative suite skills
- Consistently deliver high-quality work in an expedient manner
- A keen eye for design quality and production finishes
- Knowledge of aerospace certification requirement
- Ability to show work from previous production programs
Please include a link to your portfolio.