This position involves developing, testing and deploying algorithms for the guidance, navigation and control of an electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft. The unprecedented control authority and long-range capability of our aircraft pose unexplored GNC problems that require novel and challenging solutions. The engineer will play a key role on a fast-moving team in providing input to conceptual system architectural design and implementation of embedded software to ensure the safety of our electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
Qualified candidates will have most of:
- Graduate degree in aerospace engineering or a related field.
- 10+ years industry experience developing guidance, navigation and/or control systems.
- Expert knowledge of C++ or MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Expertise in probabilistic estimation theory, nonlinear optimization, and filtering with real world data.
- Expertise in state space and optimal control theory.
- Experience in implementing non-linear control systems.
- Experience in implementing Kalman Filters and sensor failure detection.
- Understanding of DO-178C or safety critical software.