Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate modeling engineer to join our growing team. This is a multidisciplinary position which provides the engineer a chance to interact with many of the key teams within the company, from powertrain and controls, to data analysis and software. The position requires a strong mathematical background and a solid conceptual understanding of aircraft systems. Applicant is expected to have experience with systems modelling from a high level, and proven abilities for abstracting and simplifying complex systems. This position is rewarding, as the engineer will promptly see their models drive key design decisions due to the fast pace of Joby Aviation.
- Interface with team members and experts to understand various aircraft systems
- Formulate, analyze, and select appropriate models for each subsystem
- Deliver performance assessments and sensitivities
- Evaluate system robustness
- Root cause failure analysis, cascading events prediction
- B.S. in engineering discipline
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Solid understanding of electrical vehicle systems and controls
- Strong mathematical background
- Strong knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience in at least one other programming language
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 5+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Expert knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink
- Predication to well-structured and documented code.