Joby Aviation is seeking an organized and passionate individual to join our Vehicle Integration and Sub-System Testing Team. As part of this team you will help in the integration and testing of flight critical components and sub-systems for VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up from talented, hardworking, proactive and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast paced, and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals, looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.
· Assemble flight hardware, while maintaining applicable documentation. This will involve wire harness fabrication, soldering of electrical components, and mechanical assembly of parts and sub-systems.
· Work closely with engineering to develop and test a wide array of electromechanical systems including batteries, PCBs, electric motors, electric actuators and high voltage systems, in support of rapid aircraft development.
· Install flight hardware on aircraft and perform systems checkout and debugging, as to bring sub-systems to an operational status, while strictly adhering to best practices and proper documentation.
· Perform structural, environmental, and functional tests on specific hardware to validate its design and manufacturing against established benchmarks.
· Generate reports from collected test data to provide quantifiable feedback to the engineering teams, allowing them to optimize their designs.
- 3+ years of Aircraft and/or Spacecraft Avionics experience
- Proficiency with wiring harness manufacture, soldering of electronics, and overall electrical craftsmanship
- Experience with component assembly and systems integration of electronics
- Working knowledge of aircraft handling best practices
· Strong work ethic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to work individually and as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability
- Experience with brushless motors, batteries, and high voltage electronics
- Experience working on structures made from composite materials
- Experience with data acquisition techniques using foil strain gauges, accelerometers, load cells, thermistors, etc. (including sensor installation)
- Familiar with LabView/Diadem/MATLAB
- Experience in Computer Aided Design, we use Catia and Solidworks
- Experience with industrial test laboratory environments and procedures
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) rating