Joby Aviation is seeking a motivated and organized Test Engineer to aid in the reliability testing of electronic equipment, electrical wiring systems, and high voltage batteries. The data collected pre, post- and during tests will aid in evaluating and improving designs of equipment used throughout the vehicle. In addition to validation testing, activities include supporting design team in non-destructive diagnostics. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.
· Work closely with EE and Battery teams to (1) develop functional tests for pre and post validation evaluation and (2) identify equipment needed to execute tests.
· Work closely with Reliability Engineer to (1) create the foundation for the design of reliability experiments, (2) develop the environmental stress test protocol, and (3) communicate test results.
· Develop LabView/Python scripts for in-situ data collection.
· Diagnose failures and conduct root cause analysis.
· Manage test equipment and secure external resources
· B.S. in mechanical engineering or another relevant discipline
· Excellent problem solving and communication skills
· Strong analytical background
· Experience operating temperature/humidity chambers, vibration tables, HALT chambers.
· Familiarity with oscilloscopes, DAQ systems, power supplies, and load bank setups.
· Reliability background – Weibull statistics, sample size estimation.
· Reliability test design for electronic assemblies.
· Exposure to high voltage systems