The certification engineer will work with a team on various errands ranging from technical to administrative tasks. The most important traits at Joby are attitude towards the project, hard work ethic, and being able to self-manage and learn new skills. Forward thinking will be highly regarded as well.
- Determine and interpret the certification basis, identify conformity tests and provide according documentation. Maintain traceability throughout the process.
- Interface between company engineers, external DERs, and certification team.
- Develop and implement company processes to meet industry standards to aid certification.
- Interface with the FAA in areas such as:
- Aircraft certification
- Flight standards
- Manufacturing inspections
- Continued airworthiness
- Work within engineering group to analyze and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Provide solutions to possible certification issues regarding design activities.
- Maintaining engineering files and company records.
- System Safety Assessment (SSA) and risk management.
- At least 5 years of experience with FAA or EASA certification processes and compliance finding activities.
- Bachelor's or higher in aerospace engineering or related fields.
- Proficient English.
- Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Experience in testing including instrumenting, data acquisition, and documenting and analyzing results.
- Experience and involvement with industry groups to develop consensus standards.
- Familiar with Dassault Systemes engineering and management tools.
- Private pilot license