Embedded Systems Test Engineer
Aviation Software requires comprehensive testing to ensure safety and to meet flight certification standards. Help Joby Aviation achieve software certification by testing the Embedded C/C++ code that controls vehicle flight and system monitoring. In this job, you will help design automated, embedded software test frameworks. You will write a large body of automated unit and integration tests with a focus on code coverage and software correctness. You will develop Hardware/Software in the Loop simulations and assist developers in testing vehicle prototypes. You will participate in test flights, gather data and help understand and gain confidence in the quality of the software and the safety of the flying vehicle. You will contribute requirements, test cases, test reports, and supporting documentation for software certification purposes. Candidate is comfortable with C/C++ code, Python scripting, embedded software on a variety of platforms and the integration of software with motors, actuators and sensors. Candidate is an energetic, innovative person, expected to support rapid company growth towards our lofty goals. If you love working with new electronic technology, and have passion for innovation and quality, this is the job for you.
- C/C++ and Python programming proficiency.
- Development of automated test scripts and tools: Unit, integration and system tests.
- Interpretation of code coverage and other quality metrics.
- Real Time Operating systems (e.g. Free RTOS) and Linux.
- Interfacing with electronic hardware
- Hardware and software-based “in-the-loop” embedded systems simulations.
- Reading schematics and troubleshooting printed circuit boards.
- Using electronic lab tools: variable power supplies, soldering iron, oscilloscope, etc.
- Experience working with Mechanical and Electrical Engineering as it relates to supporting them with Embedded software.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, EE, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Quality Assurance or Test Engineering.
- Continuous Integration pipelines: build, test, and report.
- Commercial Embedded Software test tools: Parasoft DTP, Vectorcast
- Embedded systems software and IDEs: Vivado, Xilinx, Eclipse, Visual Studios.
- ARM based processors, FPGAs, Batteries, and Sensors
- Makers Faire, Robotics Project and/or Drone experience
- Piloting aircraft, avionics hardware, electric cars or similar systems.
- DO-178C, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
- Some Windows automation and scripting experience