Joby Aviation is looking for a passionate engineer that can join our growing team. This is a multidisciplinary position that provides the engineer a chance to interact with many of the key teams within the company. This position requires a solid understanding of aircraft systems, system development, and industry specific certification processes. This position is rewarding, as the engineer will immediately see the impact of their work reflected on the aircraft, due to the fast pace of Joby Aviation.
- System development, including design, architecting, integration, requirements, and testing
- Requirement engineering including:
- Specification documentation
- Create systems functional architecture in rapidly changing environments
- Work with engineers to create logical decompositions of the vehicles systems
- Validation and verification activities
- Performance assessments and trade studies
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or another relevant discipline
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- 1 year experience with FAA certification processes (ARP4754 and similar)
- 1 year experience in requirement engineering and traceability using Doors, ENOVIA, or similar.
- 1 year experience in system architecting and developing verification plans
- Some experience with Dassault Systèmes CATIA and ENOVIA or similar tools.
- Experience with SysML, Rhapsody, Magicdraw or similar
- Microsoft Office
- Solid understanding of aircraft systems and/or maintenance
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 5+ years FAA certification and systems safety experience
- Complete understanding of Dassault Systèmes' version control toolbox ENOVIA
- Complete understanding of Dassault Systèmes' version of systems development tools in CATIA