Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate individual to join our Energy Systems team. This individual would be responsible for designing powertrain components—including battery modules, packs, inverters, low-voltage electronic housings, etc. This role will often involve design work starting at the conceptual level, mature into full 3D modeling, check with FEA analysis and hand calculations, and continue into manufacturing.
- Design of complicated components and packaging.
- Initial layout and sizing
- Detailed design and fabrication specifications
- Direct communication with vendors and technicians in manufacturing
- B.S. in mechanical engineering or another relevant discipline
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Strong analytical background
- Experience with hands-on design and testing
- Proficiency in mechanical design, materials selection, kinematics, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Strong volumetric awareness
- Proficiency with CAD
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 2+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Experience with Dassault Systemes CAD, specifically using Generative Shape Design, Part Design, and Assembly Design
- Experience with finite element tools (Abaqus)