Supply Chain Lead is responsible for building and managing the supply chain team at Joby Aviation.
Position requires a thorough knowledge of the commodities purchased, supply sources, contract methods and strategies. The successful candidate will work at a high level of autonomy, with little supervision, but a high level of inter-department coordination. This position directly impacts the company’s financial and legal commitments, as well as production performance.
Procure raw materials, assemblies, and standard products for all Joby products.
Participate in coordination between the internal engineering team, purchasing team, quality team, and suppliers to agree on materials specifications, deliverable timelines, and cost.
Create supply chain processes, interface with vendors, negotiate contracts, and conduct supplier audits.
Work with ERP and MRP systems.
Integrate internal process control into the team for eventual conformance with AS9100 systems (future implementation).
- Assist in ERP implementation. Implement processes around the ERP interface and use MRP/MES systems for evaluating demand and executing purchasing plans.
- The qualified candidate will be required to professionally and effectively communicate with internal customers and external suppliers, at all levels to provide appropriate support, resolve issues and ensure achievement of company goals and objectives. Incumbent will participate in cross-functional teams that are tasked with improving supplier quality and performance, to include driving continuous improvement through the supply chain.
- Manage or collaborate with receiving and inventory team members and participate in creating business process around receiving and inventory management.
- Candidates must understand Aerospace quality ‘flow down’ requirements, including coordination of rejections, rework, repair and exchange of defective materials.
- Ensure PO placement occurs in a timely manner to meet the projected inventory requirements for production.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of purchasing contracts, materials specifications, and performance requirements with suppliers.
- Control cost through negotiation. Maintain amicable relationships with suppliers. Ensure that Joby is paying competitive prices.
- Monitor and continuously improve purchasing department daily throughput of order actions, responses to demand, RFQ’s, and purchase order placements
- Issue requests to suppliers for corrective action and follow up for responses.
- Monitor suppliers and participate in implementation of audits of supplier processes and quality management
- Monitor supplier lead times and supplier delays. Communicate effectively with the team regarding delays and other supplier issues.
- Ensure suppliers are receiving all required support from Joby engineering and manufacturing teams
- Monitor Material Review Board activity and take necessary corrective action as required.
- Negotiate with suppliers and agree on resolutions for rejections and rework costs.
- Monitor and report on supplier delivery performance
- Monitor and report on supplier quality exceptions and quality performance
- Ensure suppliers meet delivery dates required by manufacturing plans
- 5 years work experience in aviation supply chain management
- ISM (NAPM) or APICS
- Business or technical discipline degree.
- Aerospace procurement, aerospace purchasing/supply chain experience
- Experience with Tier 1 or Tier 2 ERP/MRP software tools
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.