Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our integration and subsystem testing team. As part of this team, you will help in the integration and testing of flight-critical components and subsystems for VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up from extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Work closely with engineering to develop and test a wide array of systems including electric motors, electric actuators, linkages, propellers, landing gear, and cooling systems, in support of rapid aircraft development.
- Assemble hardware for use on test stands or on aircraft while maintaining associated documentation. This will involve mechanical assembly of parts and sub-systems, etc.
- Install flight hardware on aircraft and perform systems checkout and debugging, as to bring subsystems to an operational status, while strictly adhering to best practices and proper documentation.
- Perform structural, environmental, and functional tests on specific hardware to validate its design and manufacturing against established benchmarks.
- Generate reports from collected test data to provide quantifiable feedback to the engineering teams that will allow them to optimize their designs.
- Strong work ethic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented attitude
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability
- Hands-on experience with small engines and brushless motors
- Experience with mechanical component assembly and systems integration of mechanical systems
- Proficiency with machining, welding, and overall mechanical craftsmanship
- Experience rebuilding, overhauling, and troubleshooting small engines and brushless motors
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) rating
- Experience working on structures made from composite materials
- Experience with data acquisition techniques using foil strain gauges, accelerometers, load cells, thermistors, etc. (including sensor installation)
- Familiar with LabView/Diadem/MATLAB
- Experience with CAD
- Experience with industrial test laboratory environments and procedures
- Automotive maintenance experience a strong plus
Please include a cover letter with your application.