Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate individual to join our structures engineering team. This role is an exciting position in the team, as it allows for the engineer to interface with many disciplines within the company and invites creativity. Prototypes are designed quickly and efficiently, meaning attention to detail is critical. Applicant is expected to have experience designing and manufacturing composite structures, preferably in industry. Due to the fast nature of Joby Aviation, this position is rewarding, as the engineer will promptly see their ideas grow from concept to creation.
- Design of lightweight structural aircraft components such as wings, fuselages, empennage, etc.
- Engineer will perform initial layout and sizing
- Conception, analysis, and selection of appropriate structural models
- Detail design and fabrication instruction writing
- Direct communication with vendors and technicians in manufacturing
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a relevant discipline
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Proficiency in composite structures design
- Experience in composites manufacturing
- Proficiency in CAD
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 3+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Experience with Dassault Systemes CAD, specifically using the Composite Design Module
- Experience with finite element tools (Abaqus)
- Aircraft homebuilding or rapid prototyping experience is a plus
When completing your application, please provide a resume and a portfolio.