This position involves architecture and implementation of the embedded software at the heart of Joby Aviation aircraft. The engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and have input to conceptual system design and implementation of embedded software for control of electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
- University degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mechatronics, physics, mathematics, or similar field; or, a very strong portfolio of designed and implemented embedded software
- Master's degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layered system architectures
- Expert knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of and experience with real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of and experience with communication protocols including I2C, CAN, SPI, UART, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern micro-controller and microprocessor architectures such as ARM Cortex-M0/M3/M4/A8/A9
- Understanding of hardware from an embedded software engineer's perspective
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers
- Hands-on experience with test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, voltmeters, etc.