Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate individual to join our Powertrain team. This individual would be responsible for designing drive components—including battery modules, packs, inverters, low-voltage electronic housings, etc. This role will involve design work starting at the conceptual level through full modeling and FEA analysis and continue into manufacturing.
- Design of complicated components and packaging.
- Initial layout and sizing
- Detailed design and fabrication specifications
- Direct communication with vendors and technicians in manufacturing
- B.S. in mechanical engineering or another relevant discipline
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Strong analytical background
- Experience with hands-on design and testing
- Proficiency in mechanical design, materials selection, kinematics, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Strong volumetric awareness
- Proficiency with CAD
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 2+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Experience with Dassault Systemes CAD, specifically using Generative Shape Design, Part Design, and Assembly Design
- Experience with finite element tools (Abaqus)