Joby Aviation is seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer to ensure that the company infrastructure is robust, scalable, and efficient in order to deliver IT services within a stable network environment.
You will manage IT issues and service requests to resolution across the entire IT infrastructure stack, including PCs, laptops, servers, virtualization, storage, networks, remote access, and security tools. You will also be provide troubleshooting support for local and remote offices/employees for IT infrastructure-related issues in a timely and accurate manner.
This position is responsible for configuring, installing and troubleshooting infrastructure hardware with the ability to resolve network issues in a timely manner. This position is also responsible for troubleshooting wired and wireless connectivity and working with staff, contractors, and vendors to resolve system and network integration issues.
You will be configuring servers, routing, switching, wireless connectivity, performance monitoring, and network management. Experience with cloud-based services (AWS and Google Cloud Platform) is desired. You will implement network security best practices, network security tools, and perform network audits as necessary.
Additionally, you will be installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading systems hardware, software, and related equipment to ensure optimal performance. You will also be interfacing with ISPs and other vendors to configure and maintain external connectivity and externally hosted services.
- Experience routing, switching, wireless and performance monitoring and management, including experience with cloud-based services (AWS and Google Cloud Platform).
- Knowledge of systems automation technologies such as Bash scripting, Python, and PowerShell
- Experience supporting systems management, monitoring, and deployment technologies such SCCM, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Nagios, and AWS cloud automation
- Knowledge of networking technologies such as DHCP, DNS, VPNs, firewalls, routing, and wireless networks
- Experience with a distributed server and workstation environment
- Working knowledge of supporting Linux, Windows 7 and above, Microsoft Office 2013 and above, PC, laptop, and workstation class hardware and related peripherals
- Strong interpersonal skills, independence and initiative, excellent communication, and ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced environment across multiple regions and time zones
- Highly organized with an attention to detail and processes
- Ability to move/carry/lift IT equipment as necessary, including PCs, servers, and networking equipment (routers, switches, etc.)
- Participate in evening/weekend work as required; flexibility to work weekend schedules for monitoring and managing infrastructure on an as needed basis
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Comprehensive product and system training, as well as onboarding and career-pathing
- Team-oriented, friendly, supportive work environment
- Confidence in knowing that your contributions make a difference and are recognized, rewarded, and valued