Location: Washington, D.C.
YOU – Want to be just another Junior software engineer in a sea of software engineers at a big company? NO. Want to work on bug fixes, testing, and mundane front end updates day after day? NO. Use dated technology? Perform repetitive tasks? NO, we didn’t think so…
Come to Jibe – where you will grow as a Ruby engineer alongside the best in the business as part of a small (8 dev) team, creating best in class software used by some of the most well regarded companies in the world (PepsiCo, Johnson & Johnson, American Express) in partnership with bigger named tech companies (Google, Linkedin).
At Jibe you will learn more, grow faster, use better tech, work directly with tech giants like Linkedin and Google, and your work will be used (and appreciated) by millions of people… and no two days will be the same. Come join us. There is no better place to be.
Deliver the Jibe platform to an ever-expanding list of Fortune 1000 companies and join our mission to transform hiring! Jibe was founded in 2009 with the idea that all job-seekers should enjoy a consumer user experience. Jibe turns traditional career sites into recruiting engines, delivering exceptional experiences at every touchpoint along the candidate journey. Through our easily-integrated platform, we help our clients build larger pipelines of qualified candidates and increase their number of completed applications.
Jibe is seeking talented Software Engineers to work on the Jibe Apply Integrations team in Washington, D.C. (Dupont Circle). At Jibe, we take great satisfaction in meeting client-specific needs and solving problems other companies deem unsolvable. We believe that software engineering goes beyond learning the rules of a framework, and we are eager to bring on new team members to grow with our team and support our expanded business opportunities.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll work directly with our full time back-end integration engineers to design, develop, maintain and troubleshoot the “glue” that connect Jibe’s systems to the ERP systems at some of the world’s largest companies.
You will do awesome things at Jibe, including…
· Work with our integrations engineers to help design, develop, deploy and maintain Jibe Apply integrations with various HR software platforms
· Work with cross-functional development teams to roll out new software releases
· Work extensively with web service APIs and automation tools
To be successful in this position you need…
· 4 year degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
· 1+ year of professional development experience in a deployed production environment
· Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Principles and Patterns and open source technologies
· Experience with the UNIX command line
· Experience with git/other version control systems (svn,cvs,mercurial,etc)
· Experience with relational or nonrelational databases
· Familiarity with web service APIs (SOAP and REST)
· Willingness to travel to New York City office occasionally (if in D.C.)
We like you, but we’ll like you even more… if you have
· Experience with transforming data streams from remote systems to support integration efforts
· Experience with Ruby, MySQL and Redis
· Experience with browser-based automation (Capybara, Selenium, Poltergeist)
· Experience with web scraping
The Bad News
At this time, Jibe, Inc. is unable to sponsor or process any employment Visas and/or consider individuals on a time-limited Visa status. Relocation is not available for this position. Please note that this position can be located at either our Washington, D.C or our NYC office. Candidates seeking remote work or who cannot work in our office team environment should not apply.