Location: New York
Type: Full Time
Jibe (http://www.jibe.com), a high growth venture-backed SaaS startup in New York City, is seeking an experienced Financial Controller. In this role you will report to the COO and manage all financial aspects of Jibe’s operations and provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, finance and budgeting efforts of the company.
The Controller is responsible for overall financial operations including the following: accounting, forecasting & budgeting, internal & external financial reporting, analysis, tax, and audit. In addition, you will manage back office functions including HR and Office Management.
This position requires strong communication skills to communicate with both finance and non-finance personnel on financial policies and reporting requirements.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Oversee the strengthening of financial operations, internal controls and reporting processes.
- Prepare forecast files & financial models
- Manage internal accountant and external vendors to deliver general accounting, billing, A/R, an d A/P functions as well as improve current procedures. Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements for internal reporting.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Maintain proper SaaS accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Maintain cash position report and cash flow projections.
- Present financial information to Management Team and Board Members on operational issues to facilitate smooth operation of the business.
- Work closely with the COO to manage the company's cash flow, profitability and short and long term financial strength.
- Maintain Cap Table and other aspects of stock option program.
- Be involved in future M&A/restructuring, fundraising, valuation, portfolio management, accounting & filings, including the integration of financial reporting.
- Assist in the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupational health and safety, etc.) to ensure that the organization is compliant.
- Supervise the Office Manager to ensure that day to day office needs are met.
- Work closely with Jibe’s PEO to ensure HR policies are current and properly executed.
- Manage Jibe People Services team to ensure staff have appropriate support.
- Ensure payroll, payroll tax filings & 401k are executed properly across all functions, People Services, Accounting and PEO.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance and CPA
- 5+ years Accounting and finance experience including experience as a Controller at a startup or high-growth company
- Varied financial accounting experience including:
- Prior experience as a Controller in a technology company
- Revenue recognition within a SaaS company
- 3-5+ years managerial or supervisory experience
- Creating models, forecasts and have an overall understanding of financial statements
- Proficiency with Netsuite or equivalent
- Expert level Excel skills (i.e. formulas and functions)
- Demonstrated strong leadership abilities with excellent communication skills and a keen ability to manage projects and processes across departments
- Proven track record of attention to detail, accuracy, high integrity, and driven, committed individual
- Validated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong influencing and decision-making skills with various levels of management with regards to setting and enforcing financial policies and accounting issues
- Treasury experience (debt, valuation, portfolio management) and tax experience as well as familiarity with Salesforce are all pluses