Customer Support Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Jibe is looking for an experienced Customer Support Engineer to join our Customer Support team. You will work to support Jibe’s ever-expanding customer base and ensure customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of industry best standards and the willingness to go above and beyond for our clients. The Customer Support Engineer is responsible for resolving product installation and product operational issues for Jibe's customers or Jibe's management. Work closely with all internal Jibe's organizations including Product, Sales, Integrations, and Operations. Provide responsive and competent support to customers in areas of product features, installation, use, and usability for Jibe's product(s) suite. Responsible for the escalation of technical support for general hardware, software, application, and system issues as well as all associated systems and tools required to manage the escalation flow.
This position is based at our New York City headquarters and reports to the Manager of Customer Support.
- Provide telephone and email support to internal and external customers.
- Investigate, diagnose, and assess technical problems reported by customers.
- Manage and document assigned incidents, including internal and external communications.
- Work with the Engineering and Product teams to troubleshoot problems and identify corrective actions for customers.
- Learn, understand, maintain, and contribute to internal support processes.
- Maintain strong adherence to Service Level Agreements.
- Create and update knowledge base articles and support documentation to reflect current technical information on product.
- Provide a memorable customer experience with EVERY customer interaction by ensuring every service request is handled professionally.
- Ability to compose highly technical customer-facing incident reports.
- Create and maintain internal training documents and technical content.
- Responds directly to support all escalated issues and owns the issue until full resolution has been implemented.
- Utilize all proper tools and systems to document and catalogue time spent on cases or escalations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through end-to-end management of each service request by maintaining service status, periodic review of calls with reference to escalation timeframe, and timely closure. Ensure timely and professional follow-up with the customer until issue is resolved.
- Maintain technical expertise and knowledge about new versions and products.
- Ability to interface with external contacts while favorably representing Jibe in the marketplace.
- The ideal candidate is a decisive, action-oriented individual who takes ownership of open issues and who has the ability to communicate successfully with internal and external customers and management.
- Experience in a technical support role, including Help Desk, customer call center environment, or field support; previous experience in a tech environment (ideally SaaS).
- Ability to quickly and accurately troubleshoot highly technical problems and identify root causes.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with Product/QA organizations at a very detailed level.
- Experience working with cross departmental teams (Engineering, Marketing, QA, Customer Success) with insight and input into entire product development and delivery lifecycle process.
- Must be a team player who also works well independently.
- Ability to assess and provide proactive advice or solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Computer Science background a major plus but not necessary) or related work experience.
- Application Help Desk experience with CRM systems, preferred.
- Supports a culture of customer appreciation and service excellence; delivers on-time, superior solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Successful communicator at all levels using all media, with excellent interpersonal skills and written communication.
- Demonstrates skill, knowledge, and understanding of company, products, job duties, and appropriate work methods.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, metric driven environment with proficient multitasking and navigation in a web-based environment.
- Knowledge of Mac OS, Terminal/iTerm, and Google Suite (G Suite).
- Experience with a ticketing system preferred (Zendesk, Desk, JIRA).