Moment is building the first real-time search and booking engine for private aircraft charter. The Moment search engine, powered by the largest network of on-demand aircraft, evaluates thousands of potential aircraft, crew, and airport options in less than a second to provide the best options for each individual inquiry. We're early stage, well-funded, and growing fast - join us!
As a Software Engineer at Moment, you will be a full-stack generalist with ownership of a significant piece of the product. You will build new parts of the product from the ground up and iterate rapidly to maximize customer learning. You will be directly involved in solving problems with non-obvious solutions, including route optimization, demand forecasting, and dynamic pricing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Architecting scalable solutions for a new product in rapid iteration and development
- Independently shipping production-quality code with an eye towards usability, performance, and extensibility
- Maintaining customer empathy and a customer-focused engineering mindset
- Building and maintaining automated testing on your contributions to the product
You resonate with the following skills, traits, and experience:
- Raw intelligence in engineering, with a track record of high performance and results
- A history of shipping production-quality software – 3+ years of development experience on a product with substantive usage
- Self-motivation and an attitude that gets things done
- A desire to learn and immerse yourself in a new industry to truly understand the customer
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate in teams
- Specific language experience is not required, but experience with Rails, React, and/or React Native is a plus
- A strong interest in aviation and/or the travel industry is a plus