Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Working here is not easy, but it is engaging and fulfilling.
We’ve created an environment that focuses on rewarding bright and driven people!
O u r p h i l o s o p h y:
Hire great people and make the impossible possible.
W h o w e a r e:
We are an agile development team in a forward-thinking, non-traditional real estate investment brokerage. Our passion is bringing properties back to life, adding value to the community and being a part of fulfilling dreams as we turn houses into homes! We purchase an average of 75+ properties each month in more than 40 counties statewide. Our unique and progressive model sees each home through the full life cycle of a property. From acquisition through closing, everything is in-house. Here at Jar House, we believe that we should all find our inner greatness and use it to achieve extraordinary things. Each person should live with purpose and a desire to accomplish what means the most to them. Don’t let others define which path you take - Choose your own road.
W h o y o u a r e:
You are a talented, driven and focused individual, who values the truth and seeks to achieve the extraordinary. Growth and vision excite you. You thrive in a fast paced environment and are not intimidated by challenge. You love working and collaborating with a team of fun individuals that embrace the work hard/play hard mentality! A hip company culture would spur you on intellectually and would encourage you to flourish in your position. (down for a little ping-pong rivalry?) You are a team player who is self-motivated and exemplifies strong decision making skills.
O v e r v i e w:
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer with a focus on deployment experience in AWS. Our stack is Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Redis and Sidekiq. The Rails application serves as the data warehouse for our other products as well as an API for mobile and web applications. Our other products include a Django application which houses a machine-learning-trained valuation model for residential real estate as well as a CRM written in PHP.
We are looking for two main things from the individual we hire:
- Contribute daily to the Ruby on Rails project
- Take ownership of deployment across all our products
M u s t H a v e s:
Expert in Ruby on Rails.
- Extensive experience with AWS.
- Extensive experience using git.
E x t r a S k i l l s:
Django deployment experience on AWS
- LAMP stack deployment on AWS
- Docker, Kubernetes, Capistrano experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
W h y u s:
- Ability to work from home one day each week
- Health Benefits- We have you covered from your head to your toes with medical, dental and vision.
- Frequent Company Outings.
- Relaxed dress code daily...not just on Fridays =)
- Game Tables
- Nap Pods - coming soon
- Monthly catered lunch
- Good coffee
- Located in the heart of Buckhead
F i n e r P r i n t:
- Type: Full Time
- Experience: 3+ years experience with AWS, 1-2 years experience with Rub on Rails
- Salary: Market Rate