Product Manager, Product Lead
Founded in 2017, January.ai is an early stage precision health company based in Menlo Park. In response to a healthcare system designed to only address decline and disease, January is building a revolutionary, upstream consumer-health category to promote resilient health while predicting, postponing and preventing chronic conditions. We integrate data from multi-omic and formerly disparate sources into a unified view of users’ health, our machine learning reveals precise, personalized insights, which our software transforms into incisive daily actions. We are a passionate team with foundations firmly rooted in scientific evidence and believe in building transformative, frictionless and human-centric products that superlatively value individual privacy and community trust. We believe in meeting people where they are and facilitating their journey toward their personal best. Join our dream team of scientists, machine learning, and software engineers aspiring to help people live healthier and happier lives every day.
As a product manager at January, you will guide our products from conception to launch. You will bridge the technical and business worlds as you work with stakeholders across different departments to build and ship products that our customers love.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Identify market opportunities for January and define a product vision and strategy to capitalize on these opportunities
● Serve as the voice of January’s customers, identifying customer needs and writing product requirements based on them
● Iterate on existing products based on customer feedback
● Perform competitive research and analysis on the fast-changing consumer health market, high level and feature by feature
● Spearhead the product roadmap for particular feature areas, collaborating with engineering, design, and product marketing to make the roadmap into reality
● Work closely with the engineering team to help find optimal technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedules for product releases
● 2+ years’ experience in product management, preferably working at high growth startups in the healthcare space
● BS in Biology, Computer Science, or another related technical discipline; MBA helpful
● Demonstrated track record of success building, shipping, and iterating on high value products in an agile software development environment
● Ability to understand complex business problems and craft effective strategies to tackle them
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
● Extremely well organized with the ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
● Nice to have: familiarity with ML/AI technologies
January is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We’d love to hear from you! Local candidates preferred. We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.