Sr. Data Scientist
Ranked #11 on UV50’s Fastest Growing Companies and a recipient of Best Workplaces’ Great Place to Work Award, Jane is an innovative tech company that’s taking the retail world by storm. Our online boutique marketplace offers 350+ daily deals including women’s fashion trends, home decor and more — giving small businesses a platform for their products and helping customers stay on trend and on budget. At Jane, we not only work hard at our jobs, but also to maintain a culture of authenticity and collaboration. Join us and enjoy #thejanelife to its fullest.
- Lead with empathy
- Pull together
- Just say it
- Make it count
- Make your mark
Engineering Team Values
- Passion for development and code craftsmanship
- Continuous learning, improvement, and delivery
- Caring about and encouraging others
- Collaborative cross-functional teams
- Continually delivering high quality code that provides value to Jane and Jane customers
What We Create With:
- Data Science: R, Python, Jupyter Notebooks, SQL, Athena/Glue, EMR, PySpark
- Data: MSSQL, Aurora PostgreSQL
- Data Pipelines: Airflow + Python, Refactoring SSIS, AWS Lambda, Segment (User Data Validation)
- Cloud: GCP - Big Query, GA 360, Firebase; AWS - EC2, Lambda, S3, CloudSearch, EB, Redshift
- Cache: Redis
- Source control: Git/Github
- CI/CD: TeamCity - moving to Jenkins
What you’ll be doing:
- Setting data science roadmap for the company
- Working with marketing on personalizing and segmenting users for targeted email and push notifications.
- Utilizing or training deep learning models on defining image properties to improve product and image attributes.
- Participating in data and data pipeline creation and improvements needed for data science/ml projects.
- Ad-hoc analysis of data used to make recommendations on business and product direction.
- Working with Marketing, Merchandising, and Product teams on personalization, understanding customers, optimizing customer journey, creating cohorts, ad optimizations, product optimization, inventory management and pricing, scheduling of deals.
Experience you’ll need:
- MS, or PhD in a related technology field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, etc.).
- 3+ years of industry experience as a machine learning engineer (not a black box button pusher) or statistical learning.
- 3+ years applied data science/data modeling experience. Ability to analyze large amounts of structured and unstructured data and determine suitability for modeling. Broad understanding and demonstrated history of applying various algorithms to business use cases to drive business and customer value.
- 2+ years of experience working with software engineers creating software solutions, including productionalizing algorithms and integrating trained models.
- Expertise in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as Python (highly preferred – will be used in this role), Scala, or R. Proficient in SQL: Presto/Athena, Hive, Postgres/Redshift, etc.
- Apply data mining, NLP, and machine learning (both supervised and unsupervised) to improve relevance and personalization algorithms.
- Work side-by-side with business, product managers, software engineers, researchers, and designers in designing experiments and minimum viable products.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Outstanding communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Experience discovering data sources, get access to them, import them, clean them up, and make them “model-ready”.
- Engineering experience creating ETLs.
- Performance optimization of productioni-zed algorithms.
- Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
- Data Science/ML/AI work in an e-commerce product.