Lead Scrum Master
Ranked #11 on UV50’s Fastest Growing Companies and a recipient of Best Workplaces’ Great Place to Work Award, Jane is an innovative tech company that’s taking the retail world by storm. Our online boutique marketplace offers 350+ daily deals including women’s fashion trends, home decor and more — giving small businesses a platform for their products and helping customers stay on trend and on budget. At Jane, we not only work hard at our jobs, but also to maintain a culture of authenticity and collaboration. Join us and enjoy #thejanelife to its fullest.
- Lead with empathy
- Pull together
- Just say it
- Make it count
- Make your mark
What You’ll Be Doing
We are looking for an experienced and talented Scrum Master to join our team! As our Lead Scrum Master, you will be leading and mentoring a small team of scrum masters as you work with our software engineers, product managers, designers, and quality engineers to ship software products.
- Speaking and writing in fluent English.
- Meet in person with experience teams and representatives from other departments.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of the Jane Agile/Scrum methodology across the organization to coordinate dependencies and collaborate with other teams.
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and coach the team to higher levels of understanding/adoption of Agile concepts.
- Coaching and motivating your team to help increase productivity throughout the department.
- Organizing, attending, and leading Scrum ceremonies, and helping your team to do the same.
- Monitoring schedule and cost performance.
- Presenting reports on progress and success.
- Helping to plan staffing and resourcing for projects.
- Helping identify and accomplish quarterly goals and objectives.
- Managing scope, timeline, quality, confidence, risk and deliverables that support business objectives.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Suggesting improvements to tools for effectiveness and delivery speed.
- Identifying areas of process improvements.
- Helping establish best practices for teams and the department.
Experience You’ll Need
- Passionate about Agile principles, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience as a Scrum Master, Project Manager, or similar role.
- 4+ years of experience as a Scrum Master for a customer-facing software development team.
- 2+ years managing Scrum Masters as direct reports.
- Experience leading and mentoring scrum masters.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
- Proven capability with the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing, and implementation.
- Experience facilitating teams to create solid user stories, clear requirements, acceptance criteria, dependencies, and driving thin slicing features for quick iterations as part of CI/CD.
- Strong skills in critical thinking, keen attention to detail, problem solving, time management, interpersonal communication, team building and exceptional judgment.
- Ownership and pride in your performance and impact on the company’s success.
- Experience being part of a software delivery team in design, quality assurance, programming, product management, or devops.
- Experience assisting a team adopting agile/scrum methodologies.