The Dishwasher position is a single-incumbent class responsible for cleaning all soiled plates and flatware, glassware thoroughly, organizing and storing properly. Additional duties may include clean appliances and machines, thoroughly cleaning and organizing dish room at the end of each event, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the class.
- Ensuring the availability of clean dishes
- Washing dishes, glassware, platters and flatware
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen (including coffee makers, ice machines, etc.)
- Sweeping and mopping floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled
- Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans
- Supporting other staff members, including service, bartenders, and operations teams by assisting with other tasks (as needed)
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures
Along with the aforementioned responsibilities the Dishwasher is expected to maintain a good understanding of company regulations and procedures while performing other duties in a professional capacity as assigned or directed.