The Bartender position is a single-incumbent class responsible for serving classical cocktails and exciting new beverages to Vault 634 guests. The Bartender will greet guests, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages. The position will also be responsible for upselling items, creating recipes, utilizing proper equipment and ingredients, and handling basic cleaning duties. The Bartender should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. The position is expected to work nights and weekends and could be asked to work various holidays.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the class.
General Bartender Responsibilities
- Welcoming and conversing professionally and cordially with guests to understand their beverage preferences and make suggestions (if asked)
- Checking proper identification to ensure guests meet the legal requirements to purchase alcohol
- Taking drink orders, selecting and mixing of ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving the beverages to guests
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations
- Handling cash, credit and debit transactions while ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons
- Balancing the cash register
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment
- Developing new cocktail recipes
Event Setup + Coordination
- Reviewing event details prior to event start time to ensure planning and product is in place and prepared for all needs as outlined in the event order
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bars are well-stocked
Along with the aforementioned responsibilities the Bartender is expected to maintain a good understanding of company regulations and procedures while performing other duties in a professional capacity as assigned or directed.