The Barback position a single-incumbent class responsible for ensuring customers receive prompt, seamless service. The Bar Back will assist in cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, ensuring the bar is well stocked with napkins, straws, glassware, garnishes, and all other necessities, and taking on other duties to support the Bartender and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. The position is expected to work nights and weekends and could be asked to work various holidays.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the class.
Opening + Closing Duties
- Restocking the bar with inventory (liquor, wine, beer) garnishes, straws and napkins
- Ensuring the Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly
- Maintain and assist with the recording of supply levels
- Assistant with the reorder process while ensuring delivered items are successfully received and store properly at the venue
Bar Area Maintenance
- Sweeping, mopping and/or vacuuming the general bar vicinity (as needed or directed)
- Wiping the bar and other applicable counter space (as needed or directed)
- Removing soiled glassware
- Cleaning and scrubbing coolers and storage areas
- Emptying trash receptacles
- Make minor repairs to bar equipment (as needed or directed)
Along with the aforementioned responsibilities the Barback is expected to maintain a good understanding of company regulations and procedures while performing other duties in a professional capacity as assigned or directed.