The Event Assistant position is a single-incumbent class responsible for providing the highest level of service to Brides/Grooms and VIP Clients. The Event Assistant will focus on ensuring the VIP guests have all needs met throughout the event, deliver both planned needs as well as unexpected requests with a personalized, professional and engaging focus.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the class.
Event Sales + Preparation
- Promote and maintain effective, confidential and accurate client information
- Prepare documentation for client meetings and review
- Attend and participate in assigned weekly meetings
- Review assigned meeting and event resumes before client arrival
- Placement of client event items, including place cards, table numbers, menu cards, favors, gifts, cake knife, champagne glass, etc.
- Retrieve all client items throughout the event (and at the end of the event), package each item properly, and help deliver all items to the client's transportation
- Enforce all venue and departmental standards with all venue staff and contractors throughout the event
- “See What The Guest Sees” by helping keep all levels and areas of the venue clean and organized at all times
- Assist in Emergency Response and Procedures
- Practice and enforce venue Energy Conservation practices
Along with the aforementioned responsibilities the Event Assistant is expected to maintain a good understanding of company regulations and procedures while performing other duties in a professional capacity as assigned or directed.