We are looking to hire a full-time Project Manager (software) to start immediately. Rather than include the same old boring job description, here is a list of tasks the prospective employee may be asked to accomplish and/or attributes the candidate should possess:
- Manage the daily execution and planning for a project
- Act as the champion for the project, and of the final application product
- Lead and mentor a team of developers, testers, and designers
- Manage all project communication and messaging internally and externally
- Act as the primary point-person for all of the project needs
- Gather requirements and translate high level business requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Make product decisions based on requirements available
- Use issue tracking software (JIRA, YouTrack) to create, maintain and report on development progress
- Coordinate daily activities for software team
- Maintain project schedule, roadmap, and budget
- Plan and conduct client calls, demos, and internal meetings
- Conduct acceptance testing and assist Quality Assurance with validation logic
Other tasks you could be asked to do:
- Facilitate project discovery meetings
- Create project proposals and SoWs
- Create any form of design to determine and convery requirements/application usage - wireframing, screen mockups, prototypes
- Provide user demos to highlight new features, or provide a full product overview
- Conduct end-user trainings and create documentation
- Monitor and make changes to development environments
- Create and run manual tests, performance tests, API tests, automated tests
- Approach the product from multiple perspectives - as a designer focused on User Experience, as a Tester focused on logical scenarios, as a Business Analyst focused on business needs
We like people who can do the following:
- Jump from project to project without missing a beat
- Require little need for oversight and take personal accountability
- Focus on the details while not losing site of the big picture
- Maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations
- Be flexible and engaged
- Be a team player and support/grow your peers
- Communicate with anyone: speak and write to technical and non-technical audiences, as well as high level executives and application end-users
Some Must Haves:
- Proven working experience as a leader/manager in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
Compensation based upon experience. This position has major growth potential.
Our office is in the historic Stockade neighborhood in Schenectady, NY. The option to work remotely is available to the right candidate, however the ability to work from within our office is strongly preferred.
Our work environment is very casual and we laugh a lot. The hours will be approximately 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, depending on workload, with the occasional late night when a tight deadline calls for it.
We would prefer someone with experience, but we will also consider recent college graduates.
With that said, we are going to invest a lot of time, energy and resources into the right candidate, so we are looking for a long-term fit.
We are a growing INC 5000 recognized company, yet still a very close-knit team (60 employees).
We work for security conscious clients, thus background checks may be required