There is a really exciting software development position open in FLIGHT!
Our client, JPL, is looking to complete a team that performs testing, integration, verification and validation of planetary mission flight software. The task is to perform software engineering activities associated with the testing of embedded flight software products for a large-scale project.
Work activities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform software requirements testing of assigned Flight Software (FSW) components using software-in-the-loop (SWIL) and hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) test environments with FSW release candidates.
- Work with FSW developers and systems engineers to design/discuss test approaches that would satisfy system level and FSW component level requirements.
- Presenting test results to a panel of system engineers and FSW developers to report test verification results, statistics, problems, issues, etc…
- Developing testing software using scripting languages to implement the design test approaches for testing assigned FSW modules. Experience developing software that can be used for regression testing is a plus.
- Experience in black-box testing with a penchant for trying to find problems and issues in developed software
- Performing functional testing on the integrated build prior to delivery.
- Defining and designing functional test cases to verify FSW requirements, Avionics requirements, and Verification Items (VI) specified in the Functional Design Documents.
- Creating and maintaining test procedures and test scripts for the functional test cases.
- Executing functional test cases and maintaining test metrics and verification matrices.
- Collecting and maintaining all essential regression and functional test procedures and scripts.
- Performing Software-in-the-loop(SWIL) and Hardware-in-the-loop(HWIL) integration and testing
- Supporting FSW problem investigation.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS) or a computer related engineering field with a minimum 4 years of related experience
- Familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and techniques in developing, modifying, debugging, releasing and maintaining real-time and embedded software systems for mission-critical aerospace applications
- Recent experience with inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms.
- Recent experience in performing testing in an integrated test/build environment
- Recent experience with debugging software/hardware interactions and possible failure modes
- Recent background in flight software testing with specific experience in the following languages and operating systems: Python (proficient), C/C++ and Linux.
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Recent experience with device driver development and software interfaces for both custom and commercial hardware
The work is required to be performed in Pasadena, CA
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
Full Time / Contract
CA - Pasadena
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.