Pending the award of contract with Los Angeles County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies (LASAFE), Jada Systems is looking to fill a Traveler Information Center (TIC) position. The ideal candidate is someone that is happy to help commuters and travelers in Los Angeles County.
- Conducts operations/administration of the SoCal 511 traveler information systems (web & IVR) in accordance with TIC standard operating procedures.
- Monitors SoCal 511 systems for data connectivity/fidelity and automated event/incident population to SoCal 511 capabilities.
- Reviews presentation of SoCal 511 services for quality, form, and order.
- Coordinates with CHP, Caltrans, and other partner agencies/stakeholders as necessary to ensure timely, and appropriate response
- Monitors 511 TIC Twitter feed, Caltrans Quick Map (CQM), CHP Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system, and other online sources for situational awareness.
- Monitors Local and regional news feeds for situational awareness
- Identifies, develops, posts, and monitors SigAlerts, closures, emergencies, amber alerts, any other key items for population to SoCal 511 systems, to include floodgates (FG’s) to play on the SoCal 511 IVR
- Performs quality checks to ensure that incidents/alerts as included in CHP CAD are automatically populating to SoCal 511 systems.
- Cross references incident, emergency, closure data/icons with CQM and other traffic information sources.
- Assess existing procedures and make recommendations for potential improvements based on operational scenarios, incident development/response, and lessons learned in the course of operations, coordination, and reporting/data
- Coordinates with CHP relating to long standing incidents/alerts
- Reports to/receives guidance from LA SAFE project team and leadership.
- Reviews all website and social media links.
- Reviews all reported incidents on all platforms.
- Read, write, and speak in English (Spanish a plus).
- Utilize computer operations/skills to include e-mail (Microsoft Outlook), Microsoft Office Suite, and internet use/navigation
- Communicate using the telephone for coordination and operations.
- Exercise sound judgement in stressful, dynamic, and unique situations.
- Work well with others, including teammates, partners, and leaders.
- Help prepare clear/comprehensive reports and summaries.
- Multi-task and prioritize simultaneous, potentially competing assignments/actions based on criticality, mission impact, and leadership/higher headquarters, partner agency guidance/mandate.
- Utilize social media such as Twitter and Facebook for incident/event identification, assessment, and dispositioning
- Follow/execute operational and administrative procedures based on the unique parameters of the situations encountered for appropriate response/resolution
- Work in an office setting.
- Lift twenty-five (25 lbs) pounds.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Familiarity with traveler information/agencies and programs such as CHP, Caltrans, Metro, etc.
- Knowledge of general southern California area/road layout and transit programs.
- Understanding of various types of travel/traffic incidents and events.
- Speaks Spanish