ITnova is seeking a Project Manager, Functional.
Job Location: 12401 Prosperity Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Position Description: The Functional Project Manager performs day-to-day management of activities pertaining to the functional deliverables of the project. This individual is responsible for performing the following tasks.
- Facilitating State agency and Master Contractor discussions / meetings
- Identifying issues and risks, and recommending possible issue and risk mitigation strategies
- Identifying critical paths, tasks, dates, testing, and acceptance criteria
- Ensuring that performance is within scope, consistent with requirements, and delivered on time and within budget
- Providing solutions to improve efficiency (e.g., reducing costs while maintaining or improving performance levels)
- Monitoring issues and providing resolutions for up-to-date status reports
- Demonstrating excellent writing and oral communications skills
Education: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related discipline. Candidates must possess a PMP certification from the PMI.
General Experience: The proposed candidate must have at least five (5) years of experience in project management.
Specialized Experience: The proposed candidate must have at least five (5) years of experience managing IT related projects. This individual must have experience in a leadership role for at least three (3) successful projects that were delivered on time and within budget, including a project similar in size to the State of Maryland enterprise-wide implementation. In addition, he/she must have at least three (3) years of experience in managing projects with an organizational change management component that involve working with stakeholder groups across the organization. The candidate must possess at least five (5) years of experience using PMI's PMBoK methodologies and artifacts.
ITnova is an engineering and information technology (IT) consulting firm, headquartered in Glen Burnie, Maryland. ITnova specializes in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in particular, project management, business analysis, business re-engineering, quality assurance, testing and IT integration for the U.S. local, state and federal government. ITnova's approach of using proven methodologies, techniques and metrics allows ITnova to ensure project quality for key activities and milestones.
ITnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). ITnova has a complete benefits package including medical benefits, 401k, paid-time off and training reimbursement.
At this time, ITnova is unable to sponsor H1B visas for this position.