ITnova is seeking a Network Engineer (Senior) responsible for supporting the delivery of managed services support across a large IT infrastructure environment (LAN/WAN, server infrastructure). Responsible for supporting operation, performance, and availability of data, video and voice communications networks spanning 1000+ network devices. Also support design/engineering efforts related to any new infrastructure initiatives.
Job Location: 12401 Prosperity Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Position Description: The Network Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of large data communications or telecommunications networks. This individual is also responsible for the design and implementation of LANs/WANs using hub switching and router technology. In addition, the Network Engineer is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Planning and monitoring the installation of communications circuits
- Managing and monitoring local area networks and associated equipment (e.g., bridges, routers, modem pools, and gateways)
- Conducting short and long-term plans to meet communications requirements
- Performing hardware/software analyses to provide comparative data of performance characteristics and suitability within the existing systems environment
- Preparing trade-off studies and evaluations for vendor equipment
- Generating network monitoring/performance report, for LAN/WAN utilization studies
- Recommending network design changes/enhancements for improved system availability and performance
- Managing network performance
- Network analysis, integration, and tuning
- Configuration of network devices
- Performing Tier III-level troubleshooting
- Coordination with Tier II staff relative to include training/knowledge management development
- Support for a variety of network devices, to include - Routers, switches, load balancers and WAPs
- Demonstrate a proficiency with Cisco IOS and Nexus systems
- Support all preventative and emergency maintenance activities
- Knowledge of IBM SNA protocols
- Provide task management support for specific network-related project initiatives
- Support problem management efforts, to include development of Root Cause Analysis documentation and resolution
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline.
- Desired: CCNP
General Experience: The proposed candidate must have at least nine (9) years of experience in a computer-related field.
Specialized Experience: The proposed candidate must have at least seven (7) years of progressive experience in planning, designing, implementation, and analyzing data or telecommunications networks. This individual must have experience with network analysis/management tools and techniques, and be familiar with Personal Computers (PCs) in a client/server environment. This individual must also be familiar with IT technology and long distance and local carrier management.
ITnova is an engineering and information technology (IT) consulting firm, headquartered in Glen Burnie, Maryland. ITnova specializes in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in particular, project management, business analysis, business re-engineering, quality assurance, testing and IT integration for the U.S. local, state and federal government. ITnova's approach of using proven methodologies, techniques and metrics allows ITnova to ensure project quality for key activities and milestones.
ITnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). ITnova has a complete benefits package including medical benefits, 401k, paid-time off and training reimbursement.
At this time, ITnova is unable to sponsor H1B visas for this position.