ITnova is seeking a Business Process Consultant to support the Senior Project Manager (SPM) in various business areas, having emphasis on the Pharmacy Point of Sale (POS). The main tasks this position must accomplish are the development of business process re-engineering methodologies, problem solving, report business requirements, and collaboration across business units. Please note this position is contingent upon award.
Job Location: Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH) West Preston Street Baltimore, MD 21201
- Develop business requirements and business process re-engineering methodologies.
- Solve application and process related problems by creating detail process and system design specifications; and work with other areas across the business units to support a total solution approach.
- Communicate business requirements for reports and applications development.
- Facilitate collaboration within and across business units and across IT functions.
- Resolve problems and improve business units’ technical environments.
- Support the Senior Project Manager with additional project management, scheduling, requirements elicitation, business process definition, architectural analysis, changes to existing systems required to map to the new Pharmacy Point of Sale Electronic Claims Management System (POS ECMS), and to backfill State expert resources so they can participate in the POS ECMS implementation project activities.
- Demonstrate experience in Pharmacy Point of Sale (POS) claim processing, implementation/customization activities, and knowledge of multiple POS electronic claim management systems or Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) systems.
- Demonstrate Project Management Experience in a POS ECMS implementation.
- Pharmacy Point-of-Sale Electronic Claims Management System which includes E-Prescribe, prospective drug utilization review (PRO-DUR), Coordinated PRO-DUR system and Drug Rebates System that incorporates the uniqueness of Maryland’s Program, its policies, and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard project management concepts through a certification such as from the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Prior experience in a leadership role in prior projects that were delivered into production.
- The extent the proposed personnel demonstrates experience in the complete systems development lifecycle from project inception through operations and maintenance.
- Demonstrate experience with planning and implementing new custom or Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software applications, hardware solutions, data warehouses and reporting systems.
- Demonstrate excellent command of the English language and professional communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Human Resources Management or a related field.
- An MBA or MPA is preferred.
General Experience: At least eight (8) years of experience in business process re-engineering.
Specialized Experience: At least five (5) years of experience in reengineering large-scale business processes.
ITnova is an engineering and information technology (IT) consulting firm, headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland. ITnova specializes in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in particular, project management, business analysis, business re-engineering, quality assurance, testing and IT integration for the U.S. local, state and federal government. ITnova's approach of using proven methodologies, techniques and metrics allows ITnova to ensure project quality for key activities and milestones.
ITnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). ITnova has a complete benefits package including medical benefits, 401k, paid-time off and training reimbursement.
At this time, ITnova is unable to sponsor H1B visas for this position.