Join the team in our San Francisco office! We are located at the corner of Cesar Chavez & Valencia streets in San Francisco (just 2 blocks from BART and 5-10 minutes away from 101 & 280 with parking spots available).
As a member of the Jones IT Service Team, a Support Technician takes on a wide variety of services that Jones IT offers, often involving client interactions. A Support Technician listens to client issues to document and coordinate a timely resolution. This may involve diagnosing and resolving an issue or escalating tickets to the Tech Team. A Support Technician performs a wide variety of tasks across a diverse set of computers, devices, servers, and applications. As an IT Support Technician, you are the first line of support for requests made by clients and are responsible for seeing the issue through to resolution or coordinating the resources necessary to achieve that goal.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Problem investigation, resolution and coordinating resources
- Keeps the beer fridge stocked at all times and alerts all staff when short on Jameson
- Serves as the primary point of support or escalation for all client issues
- Ability to DJ the Sonos system do the Rhythm Nation dance when Janet Jackson comes on
- Partners with Central Dispatch, Tech Team, and onsite resources to troubleshoot and resolve end-user tickets
- Escalates issues that require the expertise of more experienced staff
- Avid supporter of the 49ers
- Diagnoses and resolves desktop, software, and network problems related to functionality, connectivity, management, and monitoring, or other software and hardware problems
- Recommends good places to get drinks and food without too many hipsters
- Partners with all members of the Jones IT Team to proactively collect and share experiences/tools/information that will aid in maximizing the value of efficiency and teamwork for our company and all of our clients
- Documents solutions and procedures in detail
- 3 years of experience
- College degree (if not from UC Santa Cruz it is OK just frowned upon)
- Support experience with desktops, laptops, Macs, smartphones, MS Office, email, cloud services, malware/virus removal, hardware repair, and basic networking preferred
- Ping Pong game is a plus
Demonstrates the ability to absorb and apply technical knowledge to problems. Proficiency in walking elderly family members through complex tasks such as attaching a picture to an email or updating their Facebook profile picture. Understanding the importance of teamwork and time management. Ability to handle and track a variety of tasks at one time. Strong knowledge of operating systems, desktop applications, email clients, basic networking and local taquerias. Very strong customer service skills. Good written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A startup culture you can boast about
- ZERO Micromanagement
- Opportunity to grow along with the company
About Jones IT:
We are the top rated IT Services company in San Francisco that loves to have a lot of fun, all while working our asses off.