Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets-- from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
Today, as the first regulated Trust company with blockchain expertise, Paxos is uniquely positioned to mobilize and custody these assets digitally.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to help execute our marketing initiatives across the whole company. This is a role that influences not only our products and businesses, but also our employer brand and our culture within the organization as well. As a high-growth tech company that is solving very unique and challenging problems around mobilization and settlement of assets, this is an opportunity spread our mission externally through marketing initiatives.
We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of tasks. We have developed what we call a ‘Success Profile’ for this role, which has two sections:
- Outcomes: Meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and business over a defined timeframe.
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We have a strong point of view on how this role will succeed in achieving outcomes at Paxos. So, we have taken the Operating System of Paxos – our values – and made it relevant to this role.
- Execute marketing initiatives across the whole company – including content development, digital advertising, media relations, product marketing, events and sponsorships. Success is measured by our growing brand recognition for our target market and increasing number of relevant customers.
- Drive our visibility online by owning the management of our online presences include website, social and other platforms. Success is measured by the increase in online visibility and followers to our various digital presences.
- Partner with the People team to build and execute an employer branding campaign that entices high quality talent to work at our company. Success is measured by the number and quality of inbound candidates interested in working for Paxos who understand our mission.
- Directly support the Head of Marketing and Communications by serving as an internal input to the strategy and execution of our marketing and comms plans. Success is measured by the company’s speed to execution on our plan.
How to achieve the Outcomes
Technical Acumen Required:
- By possessing an understand broad b2b marketing strategies and tactics.
- Have strong communication skills and an ability to organize complex marketing campaigns across multiple business lines.
- Feel comfortable working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Marketing, HR, etc.)
Commitment to Excellence:
- Obsess about details. You know that caring about details makes your work product much better.
- Understand the products we’re building and the markets we’re going after.
- Be relentless and creative in making sure our marketing efforts are not generic, but customized for our business objectives.
- Have a bent towards resourcefulness, always solving problems the most efficient way.
Search for the Truth:
- Don’t assume our product or company is the same as others you’ve worked on. You seek experts and find the best strategies and execution is for our company.
- Display a level of comfort and willingness to research topics that you are unfamiliar with. Complicated topics and concepts doesn’t phase you.
- Look for new patterns and don’t settle on old tactics.
Be an Owner:
- Be accountable for the sum of the parts, not just your part in the execution of a marketing plan.
- Seek out responsibility, not shy away from it.
- Deliver clear constructive feedback on projects and performance to both internal and external parties.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.