Paxos is a financial technology company delivering pioneering blockchain solutions for global financial institutions. Its flagship service is BankchainTM, a next-generation blockchain settlement platform that is transforming post-trade across capital markets. Paxos’ management team is led by CEO and Co-Founder Charles Cascarilla and its board of directors includes former FDIC chair Sheila Bair, former Senator Bill Bradley, former chair of the Financial Accounting Standards Board Robert Herz, former chairman, president & CEO of Lotus Development Corporation Jim Manzi and former NYSE CEO Duncan Niederauer.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to execute our marketing initiatives across both our itBit and Paxos businesses. This is a role that affects not only product/business brand but our employer brand and our culture within the organization as well. As a high-growth tech company that is trying to solve a very unique and challenging problem around mobilization and settlement of assets, this is an opportunity spread our mission externally through marketing initiatives.
We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of tasks. We have developed what we call a ‘Success Profile’ for this role, which has two sections:
- Outcomes: Meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and business over a defined timeframe.
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We have a strong point of view on how this role will succeed in achieving outcomes at Paxos. So, we have taken the Operating System of Paxos - our values - and made it relevant to this role.
- Execute marketing initiatives across both our businesses, itBit and Paxos - including content development, digital advertising, media relations, conferences and sponsorships. Success is measured by our growing brand recognition for our target market and increasing number of customers.
- Drive our visibility online by owning the management of our online presences include website, social and other platforms. Success is measured by the increase in online visibility and followers to our various digital presences.
- Partner with the People team to build and execute an employer branding campaign that entices high quality talent to work at our company. Success is measured by the number and quality of inbound candidates interested in working for Paxos/itBit.
- Support the Head of Communications in our external communications efforts by serving as an internal input to the strategy and execution of our comms plan. Success is measured by the company’s speed to execution on our plan.
How to achieve the Outcomes:
Technical Acumen Required:
- An understanding of broad b2b marketing strategies and tactics.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to organize complex marketing campaigns across multiple business lines.
- Comfort working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Marketing, HR, etc.)
Commitment to Excellence:
- You obsess about details. You know that caring about details makes your work product much better.
- Ability to really understand the products we’re building and the markets we’re going after. You are relentless in making sure our marketing efforts are not generic, but customized for our business objectives.
Search for the Truth:
- You don’t assume our product or company is the same as others you’ve worked on. You seek experts and find the best strategies and execution is for our company.
- Display a level of comfort and willingness to research topics that you are unfamiliar with. Complicated topics and concepts doesn’t phase you.
- You look for new patterns and don’t settle on old tactics.
Be an Owner:
- You feel accountable for the sum of the parts, not just your part in the execution of a marketing plan.
- You seek out responsibility, not shy away from it.
- You deliver clear constructive feedback on projects and performance to both internal and external parties.