Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet.
Paxos is building a future where all assets-- from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
Today, as the first regulated Trust company with blockchain expertise, Paxos is uniquely positioned to mobilize and custody them digitally.
Visit www.paxos.com for more information on Paxos and its institutional-grade products like Paxos Standard token and Paxos Confirmation Service for precious metals. Visit www.itbit.com for the crypto-asset exchange and related services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
We are looking for a leader on our Talent Acquisition (TA) team. This is an opportunity to build, coach and develop a team of high performing sourcers, recruiters and recruiting coordinators. The goal is for Paxos to meet our growing, aggressive demand for talent, while keeping our hiring bar incredibly high. We are at an exciting growth stage as a well-funded, Post Series B tech company. At the same time, we are just reaching product-market fit for a complex product that will disrupt financial services using Blockchain technology. The impact of this role will be directly felt in hiring the next generation of leaders and talent that will build and grow this transformative product.
We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of tasks and responsibilities. We have developed what we call a ‘Success Profile’ for this role, which has two sections:
- Outcomes: Meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and business over a defined timeframe
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We have a strong point of view on how this role will succeed in achieving outcomes at Paxos. So, we have taken the Operating System of Paxos - our values - and made it relevant to this role.
- Talent Supply Strategy: Design and execute a playbook to source top talent for high volume roles that includes a judicious mix of agencies, job boards and other external resources. Success is measured by executing a sourcing plan that provides a reliable and predictable supply of high bar talent for key roles.
- Employer Brand: Partner with the Head of Communications to conceive and evolve a tech-focused employer branding roadmap for Paxos/itBit for 2018. Success is measured by the ability to engage passive talent (those not actively job searching) for those roles.
- High Performing TA team: Hire, coach and develop a team of recruiters and recruiting coordinators to find and build the next generation of talent for Paxos/itBit. Success is measured by the team’s ability to meet the company’s talent needs while also delivering personal growth for individual team members.
- TA Business Partnership: Build a TA team with strong business partnership capabilities based on insights from recruiting analytics, metrics-based operational processes and effective coaching skills. Success is measured by the ability of the team to help hiring managers make data-based hiring decisions.
How to achieve the Outcomes:
Functional acumen required:
- Strong grasp of nuances in technical talent (Software Engineers, Product Managers, TPMs and Designers) particularly from product-driven technology companies. You are able to articulate the difference in scope and complexity between roles outside of mere titles based on a deep understanding of the product or business complexity.
- Strong track record of being a coach to your direct reports. You have developed giving and receiving feedback into a fine art, can empower your team to be their best and constantly thinks about what’s next for them in their growth journey.
Shared commitment to excellence:
- Strong track record of balancing the need to fill roles in a timely way with an unyielding emphasis on the hiring bar. When forced to choose, you always prioritize the hiring bar, but can still propose business-focused solutions for how to fill the role.
- You have a very high standard for engaging and using staffing agencies as a recruiting source. You understand that they have a role to play but do not use them as a substitute for a high performing internal recruiting team.
Search for the truth:
- You have a strong track record of being business outcomes focused and use that to probe deep on the role, the need for the role, its scope etc. You are able to use the information from this rigorous process to inform and advise hiring managers on their staffing needs.
- You have a diagnostic approach to people and performance. You are very interested in causal and correlated factors that affect motivation, growth and ultimately performance of your team members rather than react to symptoms or outcomes.
Be an owner:
- You have a track record of using scalable process to hire efficiently. You also know when it makes sense to make meaningful exceptions to processes to optimize for the hiring manager or candidate experience. You do not insist on process for the sake of process.
- You understand that recruiting for a high bar company is incredibly difficult. That does not deter you from signing up for aggressive staffing goals because it’s inconvenient or trying to shield team members when they have a performance issue or need feedback/help.
Real time candor:
- You have a strong track record of building trust with hiring managers because you tell them inconvenient truths that they need to hear and process in order to be successful. This candor is based on good data from the efficient hiring processes that you and your team have built.
- You are transparent in the way you operate as a manager and your team members are never surprised to hear what you think of their performance. You optimize for open channels of communication, regular 1:1s etc. to make sure that your team members have all the opportunity to tell you if they either need help, resources etc. or communicate their growth/development aspirations to you.
- Experience managing a team of recruiters, sourcers and recruiting coordinators in a product-driven technology company is a MUST.
- Experience recruiting for a high bar technology organization that is known for their quality of talent is preferable.
- Experience recruiting for technology organizations that have a unique approach to recruiting and has helped them differentiate themselves from their competitors is a huge plus.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.