Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. (Check out our Twitter feed
for the latest news and information.)
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Precious Metals: Based in London, our precious metals team works on a broad suite of products to simplify precious metals post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year. Since launch, the Paxos Confirmation Service has confirmed well over 100,000 trades with aggregate notional values in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will be a key player in the automation of our infrastructure and code deployment.
Who You Are:
- You have significant exposure to AWS. Knowledge of other cloud providers is a plus
- You have strong knowledge of at least one of the languages(Go, Python, Kotlin, Java)
- You are a master of at least one domain – Infrastructure As Code tools(Docker, Terraform, Puppet, Helm), Monitoring tools(Prometheus, Zabbix), Container Orchestration tools(Kubernetes, Docker), Database technologies(Cassandra, Postgres), CI/CD tools(Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- You are able to understand and articulate the design and application of the architecture of the entire system
- You have a Strong knowledge of distributed systems, cloud native applications and system design (Answer – how to create scalable fault tolerant systems?)
- You embody our culture and values
What you’ll do:
- You will automate our infrastructure – you believe in Infrastructure As Code and detest manual tasks.
- You will build observability into our environment and applications that help us monitor and self-heal when problems come up. Make the right trade-off between reliability and product feature speed – come up with metrics that define the tradeoff, get buy-in from stakeholders and measure against those.
- You will automate code deployments so that we can release daily and often multiple times a day.
- You will have active involvement and mentorship of junior engineers doing code reviews resulting in up leveling the skill set for the entire team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.