Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet.
Paxos is building a future where all assets-- from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
Today, as the first regulated Trust company with blockchain expertise, Paxos is uniquely positioned to mobilize and custody them digitally.
Visit www.paxos.com for more information on Paxos and its institutional-grade products like Paxos Standard token and Paxos Confirmation Service for precious metals. Visit www.itbit.com for the crypto-asset exchange and related services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
We are looking for a Compliance Associate to join our growing Singapore Compliance team. As a regulated US financial institution, we are looking for an agile, results-oriented compliance professional who can drive compliance initiatives with regards to our regulatory obligations and be able to thrive in a high growth tech startup environment.
We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of tasks. We have developed what we call a ‘Success Profile’ for this role, which has two sections:
- Outcomes: Meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and business over a defined timeframe.
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We have a strong point of view on how this role will succeed in achieving outcomes at Paxos. So, we have taken the Operating System of Paxos - our values - and made it relevant to this role.
- Execute all objectives of the entire Compliance program, including transaction monitoring and investigations, client onboarding and customer due diligence, SARs, sanctions screening, vendor management, training, etc. Success is measured by favorable feedback from quality assurance, audits and regulatory examinations.
- Effectively coordinate with business and operational teams through the client onboarding approval process to provide an optimal customer experience while maintaining our regulatory obligations with regards to customer identification.
- Actively partner with global functional teams to execute shared compliance-specific projects and responsibilities. Success is measured by effectively executing and transitioning shared responsibilities to drive business goals 24/5.
How to achieve the Outcomes:
Technical Acumen Required:
- A fundamental understanding of local anti-money laundering and sanctions regulations.
- Experience with multiple Compliance functions, including transaction monitoring, client onboarding, KYC, SARs, etc.
- Strong writing capabilities where deliverables are to reviewed by regulators, auditors and law enforcement.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and tech-oriented environment within a global team setting.
- Experience with Excel and data analytic tools are highly preferable.
Shared Commitment to Excellence:
- A commitment to quality is paramount. Ensure that every function and process performed by the Compliance team will always be regulator and/or auditor-ready.
- Always ask the question “how can I better serve our team?”. Eliminate functional silos and identify opportunities to help other team members, whether in Compliance or in other areas of the business.
Be an Owner:
- Own and be accountable for assigned responsibilities and be comfortable executing tasks with autonomy. Be ready to articulate, evidence and defend decisions made.
- “Manage up” to direct managers and other business or functional leads to ensure proper governance of the Compliance Program. Be vocal regarding important escalations or approvals which must be prioritized.
Real Time Candor:
- Be willing to be the ultimate “team player” and be receptive to feedback across the organization, including from your peers.
- Challenge decisions, opinions, and processes respectfully to find the “right” solution to manage, mitigate, or eliminate our risks.
Search for the Truth:
- Embrace complexity and ambiguity. This may include performing deep-dive investigations of transactional activity, deciphering large data sets, and resolving new issues without precedent.
- Understand the situations where help may be needed. Be willing to ask for help, but able to quickly learn from others to resolve similar matters in the future.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.