Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. (Check out our Twitter feed
for the latest news and information.)
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Precious Metals: Based in London, our precious metals team works on a broad suite of products to simplify precious metals post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year.
We are looking for an Engineering Director to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. The Engineering Director will head our Platform engineering team. The Platform engineering team includes Distributed Ledger Technology(DLT) Core, Exchange Core, Site Reliability Engineering and Test Engineering teams. The Director will oversee a team of Engineers and Engineering Managers and will have a significant impact on the future direction and delivery of the Platform.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong technical background and spend some of your time researching new technologies in the cryptocurrency, blockchain and reliability engineering space and stay abreast of trends in infrastructure engineering. You’re capable of jumping in to help debug and triage critical systems, and should understand the systems they oversee well enough to perform code reviews and help research problems as needed.
- You contribute to the architecture and design efforts primarily by serving as the technically-savvy voice that asks business and product questions of the engineers on their teams, ensuring that the code matches the business needs and can scale appropriately as those needs grow.
- You embody our culture and values
What you’ll do:
- You will guide and coach a team of engineers and engineering leaders to design and build out the next-gen platform that will underpin our core DLT, Custody and Exchange Offerings.
- You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define and deliver the technical vision for the platform.
- You will strategically balance immediate vs. long-term infrastructure work by making thoughtful decisions on accumulating technical debt vs. longer term development.
- You will build and develop a world-class engineering team. Success is defined by constantly giving timely feedback, rewarding and growing the best engineers and leaders, investing in development of leaders as well as quick/swift action on poor performance.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.