Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet.
Paxos is building a future where all assets-- from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
Today, as the first regulated Trust company with blockchain expertise, Paxos is uniquely positioned to mobilize and custody them digitally.
Visit www.paxos.com for more information on Paxos and its institutional-grade products like Paxos Standard token and Paxos Confirmation Service for precious metals. Visit www.itbit.com for the crypto-asset exchange and related services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
We are looking for a strong leader to work as an extension of the executive management team to own and drive these ad hoc projects to successful completion. The person in this role should be able to work autonomously with minimal guidance to execute projects at the highest level. Because the projects are extremely diverse, we’re looking for someone smart with a knack for learning quickly and executing efficiently. The ideal candidate should have a diverse set of experiences and is not afraid of operating in unknown territory.
Note: We are looking for someone with significant startup or high growth experience
We think of our roles first and foremost in terms of the outcomes they are meant to achieve.
- Outcomes: Outcomes are meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and the business over a defined timeframe.
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We also have a strong point of view on how someone in that role could succeed in achieving those outcomes and, eventually, at Paxos. So we have taken the Operating System of Paxos - our values - and made it relevant to this role.
Outcomes for this role:
- Drive delivery of operational milestones set by the CEO within the business and at the company-wide level by ensuring rigor through best-in-class project management practices and by applying critical thinking to each business decision
- Develop and deliver solutions to complex problems that do not have toolkits or playbooks (i.e. never been done before at Paxos or never been done period) but have a significant impact on the business
- Identify and solve challenges the company will and is facing due to the expansion of the business and strategic initiatives
How to achieve the Outcomes:
Technical Acumen Required:
- Ability to quickly learn new areas of competency as the company faces new challenges
- Strong project management orientation with the ability to communicate issues/concerns before they become fires and facilitate the right stakeholders in a discussion to solve for them
- Comfort working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Marketing, HR)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Commitment to Excellence:
- Ability to quickly understand a subject area at the level of sophistication of an expert
- Dive deep and insist on rigor of analysis on things such as presenting the business case/economics for each initiative even when it’s inconvenient to other team members and stakeholders. Develop a track-record and reputation of being unwilling to accept surface level answers
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams of SMEs (Product, Legal, Compliance etc.) in doing robust, data-tested RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) for things that went wrong or did not go as planned
- Ability to build deep trust with every stakeholder in every project that you are on. Do this by developing a deep understanding and appreciation for their role and have an informed point of view about the value they bring to your projects
- Ability to disagree with team members and project stakeholders without destroying the trust you have built with them. Do this by consistently articulating POVs or disagreements based on outcomes and with data points (qualitative or quantitative)
- Ability to communicate directly feedback to cross functional team members
Be an Owner:
- Independently drive decisions that will move the team closer to achieving milestones. Anticipate obstacles early and propose solutions to overcome blocking items for the business
Search for the Truth:
- Display a level of comfort and willingness to research topics that you are unfamiliar with in search of opinions or points of view that are not necessarily intuitive but can help solve a key problem
- Effectively evangelize unconventional solutions to hard problems that will help the business achieve a key outcome
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.