Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet.
Paxos is building a future where all assets-- from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
Today, as the first regulated Trust company with blockchain expertise, Paxos is uniquely positioned to mobilize and custody them digitally.
Visit www.paxos.com for more information on Paxos and its institutional-grade products like Paxos Standard token and Paxos Confirmation Service for precious metals. Visit www.itbit.com for the crypto-asset exchange and related services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
We are looking for an Operations Associate to manage day-to-day operations for our business. This role will be key in cost reduction and revenue increase by spearheading process improvement and market initiatives.
We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of tasks. We have developed what we call a ‘Success Profile’ for this role, which has two sections:
- Outcomes: Meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and business over a defined timeframe.
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We have a strong point of view on how this role will succeed in achieving outcomes at Paxos. So, we have taken the Operating System of Paxos - our values - and made it relevant to this role.
- Execute all workflows to enable customer deposits and withdrawals of fiat and bitcoin in a controlled environment to reduce risk. Success is measured by favorable feedback from quality assurance, audits and regulatory examinations
- Actively engage with users and provide scaled support to resolve their issues, identify user trends, and work with cross-functional partners to resolve issues using technology and automation. Success is measured by high customer satisfaction metrics and the consistent protection of our client assets
- Actively partner with Product, Engineering teams and other cross-functional partners to solve problems at scale and to improve the customer experience that optimizes for speed and accuracy. Success is measured by effectively executing and transitioning shared responsibilities to drive business goals 24/5
How to achieve the Outcomes:
Technical Acumen Required:
- Comfort with Excel/Google Sheets - ability to use Google Sheets on the job
- Strong communication - ability to respond to customer requests in a comprehensive, clear way (written and verbal)
- Problem solving - finding solutions to complex issues
Shared Commitment to Excellence:
- Process all transactions with 100% accuracy and integrity
- Answer every email from customers in a helpful way within 24 hours
- Pick up every phone call during business hours without letting it go to voicemail
- Support the wider Exchange team in all functions across Operations and Compliance
- Escalate issues when they arise to the right person
Search for the truth:
- Drive process improvements
- Understand when they are required and when they won’t work
- For all operational mistakes:
- Admit them and escalate to appropriate superior
- Diagnose what went wrong
- Share experience and implement process to prevent it going wrong again
Real Time Candor:
- Be an honest voice in the company
- Make discussions issue-based and productive
- Show respect for colleagues by providing positive and constructive feedback in real time directly to colleagues
Be an Owner:
- Be outcome focused
- Find solutions to issues and eliminate obstacles in the way to resolving
- Utilize available resources
- Involve cross-functional teams to make a better informed decision that allows you to move fast
- Anticipate change and be flexible within a dynamic environment
- 2+ years of relevant business experience is preferred (back/middle office operations, investment banking, consulting, etc.)
- A strong performer with experience building, redefining and improving business operations processes
- Previous experience working with an early-stage company / have tangible experience building something from the ground up
- Bachelor’s degree along with outstanding academic achievement