Infostellar's Senior Software Engineers are a crucial part of our competitive niche. Challenged with developing a software platform aiming to revolutionise the ground-services segment of the Space industry, the role brings together unique problems and the inherent excitement of working in the space industry.
We expect senior software engineers to be able to define, build, and implement complex systems or components from scratch, and to be the go-to person for expertise on a multi-component system. They need to be self-motivated and professional, capable of excellent, error-free code with minimal supervision, and should be comfortable providing technical leadership or mentorship to more junior engineers.
If you're enthusiastic about interesting, challenging problems that require sound software engineering solutions, and share our dream of working in the space industry, then do reach out. We're building something special, and we'd love for you to be a part of it.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain complex systems and/or components
- Improve and iterate using the agile process
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of products and services
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Provide technical expertise and leadership on a multi-component system or platform
- Offer technical leadership or mentorship to junior engineers
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Development experience on Unix / Linux
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java, C/C++, C#, Objective C, Python, or Go
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, edge computing, signal processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development
- Self-motivated and professional
- Working proficiency and communication skills in spoken and written English
- Experience working with two or more general purpose programming languages, and interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience leading development and operation of large-scale service with dozens of users or more
- Experience creating an edge computing platform allowing users to run custom, untrusted software on a shared compute node
- Experience of modern web development with technologies such as Typescript, React/Vue.js and webpack
- Deep knowledge of latest cloud and software technologies such as AWS/GCP/Azure, Kubernetes and container technologies
- Experience leading development and operation of microservice with gRPC