IronRidge is a fast paced environment with tremendous momentum in the Solar Industry. We are focused on the development of breakthrough innovations and solutions for photovoltaic system installations. We take pride in our obsession with customer experience and delight by delivering the highest quality products and unmatched customer service.
IronRidge is seeking a highly skilled and multifaceted Quality Engineer with the right blend of experience and knowledge of metal fabricated products and processes including stamping, extrusion, casting and hardware cold forming. Key areas of emphasis and responsibilities to include the following:
- APQP process for NPI. Review product design specifications and technical design documents in all phases of product development process to provide timely and meaningful Design for Manufacturing (DfM) and Quality (DfQ) to R&D and suppliers.
- Understand product application, analyze design features, dimensions, tolerances and product fit, form and functional requirements and to ensure that all Quality Assurance considerations are addressed in the design & specification phases.
- Develop, implement and manage FMEA and PFMEA of NPI to ensure that all design and process risks are identified and retired.
- Develop supplier PPAP and manage first article approvals, tooling qualifications, process validation, source qualifications and other critical activities needed for successful on boarding and integration of new supplier and launches of all new products.
- Develop detailed inspection plans defining AQL, inspection levels, critical dimensions, inspection methods and inspection instruments and equipment throughout the product life cycle.
- Develop product fit, form, function, reliability and other critical test plans and procedures for implementation at manufacturer and supplier locations.
- Facilitates the identification and implementation of continuous improvement processes, measures, and programs.
- Compiles, tracks, and analyzes statistical data sets to determine and maintain quality and reliability of all products and services.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have experience and adept at using various instruments including, but not limited to the following: micrometers, calipers, gages, and electromechanical testing equipment.
- Recommends modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Directly contributes to the creation or revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and procedures.
- Performs review of traceability history and other documentation for compliance to established SOP's.
- Ability to accurately interpret and analyze engineering drawings and other documentation.
- Quick study, solid data analysis capability, problem solver, and completes assignments on-time.
- 2+ years of full-time Mechanical Quality Control experience working with metallurgical and/or construction products or components.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Quality, or Materials Engineering or Sciences.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with ability to present effectively to target audience.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems experience, along with working knowledge of entire MS-Office suite of applications.
- Demonstrated experience with product & process design for manufacturing & quality.
- ASQ Certification (Quality Inspector or Quality Technician)
- Experience in a metals manufacturing or sub-contracting environment
- Proven ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Fluency or conversational capacity in Mandarin and/ or Spanish