IQ Inc. is dedicated to providing creative, high-quality software to our clients while supplying a rewarding, fun, collaborative, and flexible work environment to our team. We are currently in need of a QA Test Engineer in the Pittsburgh area.
We need you to:
- Create test plans/protocols/procedures/cases for each release. Assure all test documentation is complete prior to the start of the test cycle.
- Execute tests according to defined test plans, procedures, and cases.
- Identify and log defects in the defect tracking tool.
- Assist with the classification, management and resolution of all software defects.
- Participate in program, design, and document reviews (including requirements reviews).
- Be the voice of the customer assuring that we do what is necessary to deliver a quality product.
- Actively work with team members to ensure the completion of the scheduled tasks.
- Assists the Functional Manager in the establishment/modification of department processes and follows/documents all work associated with the assigned responsibilities fully and accurately.
- Follow established Quality Assurance processes and standards for the formal delivery of work artifacts.
- Have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality, and reliability.
- Complete specific work as assigned with minimal assistance. Assignments are varied in nature and limited in scope/complexity.
We also need someone who is an analytical thinker, motivated by working as part of a terrific team, is great with people, and doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
You must have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software testing
- working knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance practices
- fundamental knowledge of Linux or UNIX operating system
- familiarity with basic networking concepts
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- proven ability to be a collaborative team member in a testing effort for complex and medium size projects
- Microsoft Windows operating system education/experience
- Microsoft Office, EXCEL and WORD education/experience
It would be great if you also had:
- knowledge and use of quality management methods and tools
- working experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, BASH
- previous work experience and/or knowledge of rail related applications
Sound interesting? Apply today.
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.