IQ Inc. is dedicated to providing creative, high-quality software to our clients while supplying a rewarding, fun, collaborative, and flexible work environment to our team.
We are currently in need of a Software Requirements Engineer to analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements. This individual will create requirement documents, as well as identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard software products. The Software Requirements Engineer will be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life-cycle of the project and act as a technical liaison relative to the software development effort with other departments within the company working on the same project. Excellent communication skills are required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Possess 7+ years of experience as a systems engineer or business analyst for a large, complex software application
- Be able to demonstrate prior experience:
- Writing clear, measurable, testable software requirements
- Eliciting information from multiple sources and creating requirements for a software solution that satisfies all inputs
- Decomposing customer and internal systems specifications into software requirement specifications
- Acting as a technical liaison with end-user clients during the development of software requirements, designs, and test procedures
- Creating large and complex Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) documents including Interface Control Design Documentation (ICDD) and Software Architecture Design (SAD) documents
- Creating a Requirement Traceability Matrix from test procedures back to requirements and customer specifications
- Using requirement management systems, software configuration management tools, and MS Office suite
- Possess experience in software development
- Possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions
- Possess excellent leadership skills in motivating project/product personnel towards a common goal
- Bachelor's Degree
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
- Experience with overall systems architecture design
- Experience with DOORS
- Experience in an Agile environment
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.